First Liveaboard Trip, Cayman Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edclee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All I can say :D, is that if you haven't done a liveaboard, you should! My wife and I and Daughter and Son-in-Law just got back from a week on the Cayman Aggressor. We did 23 dives in 5 days and had a fantastic time. Spent most of the time at Little Cayman on Bloody Bay Wall. Great diving, great vis, really great crew. We had 5 star meals and 5 star service in addition to 5 star diving. The crew made the difference. The Aggressor has HOT showers right on the dive platform so you can rinse off in HOT water with your tank still on, then go take off the tank and wetsuit and come back down for another nice shower, then HOT towels!!!! :cool2: It just does not get better than this. It was a wonderful experience we will definitely do again on an Aggressor boat.
Ed

I agree . Did my first liveaboard this year and probably will think twice before doing a land based dive trip again .

Question : You made it to Little Cayman obviously , did you dive Brac and other Cays , I was under the impression that Cayman Agressor stayed on Grand Cayman as the other Islands were too far to travel . It had put me off doing this boat , thanks again for your review , coldwater

Going over to Little Cayman entirely depends on sea conditions. If things are mostly calm and not plowing into an on coming sea the Aggressor makes the trip. Usually iffy end of August to December.

I agree . Did my first liveaboard this year and probably will think twice before doing a land based dive trip again .

Question : You made it to Little Cayman obviously , did you dive Brac and other Cays , I was under the impression that Cayman Agressor stayed on Grand Cayman as the other Islands were too far to travel . It had put me off doing this boat , thanks again for your review , coldwater

Yes, we made it to Little Cayman. As Doubler says, it does require that the WX is suitable for an almost 90 mile trip at night. We had a bit of a sea, but not much, maybe 4 to 5 foot swells. We nearly got the trip cancelled due to the tropical depression that later developed a bit more and hit New Orleans. While at LC we got some 30 knot winds and heavy rain Tues night and a bit of a swell from the Northeast on Wed due to it, but we were in the lee of the island and had no issues. The trip back to GC Thursday night had about the same swell as going, but it was a following sea and not too bad. We would have gotten to CB also but the depression kept us from it.
Ed

I was on the cayman aggressor a few years ago and the weather was perfect and we spent most of the time off little cayman on the bloody bay wall. We did dive the tibbetts off cb and we did one or two dives off gc including stingray city because a few passengers had never been there. We did sc in the early morning and it was not crowded and really nice. But the next week the weather was bad and they stayed close to gc.

Glad you had a good experience. When we did it the conditions where not conducive for Little Cayman hence we were stuck on Grand Cayman.

I just got back from a trip aboard the Cayman Aggressor, Jan. 11-18, 2014. It was a week of great diving, great food and great people and crew. The boat goes to the Brac and Little Cayman depending on the weather. The Captain and crew will do everything in their power to give you the best dive experience possible, but Mother Nature is always in charge.
This was my 4th Aggressor trip, after Truk, Palau in '97 and Roatan in '02 and my 6th live-aboard adventure. I've been reading and hearing that the Aggressor Fleet is slipping in the areas of customer service and quality, though this was not my experience. They seemed as good as ever.

We've done the Cayman Aggressor twice. Both times made it over to Lil Cayaman.
I really don't now how capt. Allen or capt. Lauren & crew could have provided better service, both times the service (not to mention the diving) was off the charts.
Food was great (I'm not a "foodie", just like to eat ;-)
We'll be going back again, no question.

Has anyone ever seen a percentage of times the Caymen Aggressor does NOT make the crossing to Little Caymen over the past several years? I'm planning a 2nd time trip in late Feb - Bloody Bay Wall was one of the most outstanding general diving I've ever done in the Caribbean.

My wife and I and Daughter and Son-in-Law...

I think that sort of thing is a big factor in the desirability of a live-aboard trip. If the whole family is on board for an 'all dives, all the time' vacation, then live-aboards rock. I'm hoping to go on one next year, but it'll be solo if I do.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom