Charter boat season starts soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divealaska

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dive Alaska will begin their charter Boat season in Resurrection Bay June 1st. May will be spent preparing the boat for her topside Coast Guard inspection, then she hits the water May 15th. We have a weeklong charter May 21-25th then open to the public June 1. Punch cards now for sale, $500 for 5 dives.

Hey Scott

how much is a dive with no gear and If I Buy a 5 for $500 can it be used all at one time or is that 5 for $500 for one diver, Are tanks and weights included if not how much. Last question is are you using hard or soft weights.

I plan on making the trip down from Fairbanks sometime this summer to go out on a charter with you. If I was living down there, I would without a doubt buy a punch card at that price, however I dont think I can make it down for 5 trips in one summer:( Let us Fairbanks guys and gals know what you can do for them if they bring thier own gear, and weights as incentive for making the drive once or twice per summer. What kind of price for a non diver ride along, if we have a non-diving spouse wanting to hang out?

Thanks for the questions! A dive (2 dives) is $150 which only covers the boat fee. Tanks are $10 each or $15 for 32% Nitrox. The punch cards are $500 which is non-transferable and expire at the end of the season. One person gets 5 days of diving when they buy a punch card. Tanks are not included, but weight is. We have soft weights in varying increments on board. Non-diver rate is $75. One idea would be to make the drive two weekends during the summer, use 4 punches for the diving, and the last punch could be the non-diver for two trips. You would need to deal with me directly for this as it is not the "usual fare" but I would do it to help make the drive worth it. We may also have a small house in Seward that you could stay in on a Saturday night in order to avoid the crazy rates at the hotels. I think it may be $100 pp but I'm still in the negotiating phase of that deal. Dive Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for your questions, we'd love to have you aboard!

Thanks for the reply back, let us know about the house rental. Seward is very expensive to get a hotel during the summer, almost have to sleep in the back of the truck to avoid the inflated hotel room cost. No different then staying in anchorage for $80 per night in the winter, and then having the same room cost $225 in the summer.

There is a great camp ground Lowell Point, they have some great access to some shore diving (I haven't dived there since I was working and flying all week in the helicopter.) I did some shore fishing and it seemed to drop off to 40-60 feet near a outcrop. I would love to dive with you guys but its a little rich for my college student blood. Maybe once I get a real job in the world of normal people I could afford it.

We do have guys that come down and camp either in a tent or their vehicle. A lot of times we set up at a camp spot near the downtown waterfront, and tents only cost an extra $10. We barbeque over a fire and can usually keep the costs down. Tis type of diving does definitely come with its own costs, but does ROCK compared to shore diving in the summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom