Going to homer Alaska this may

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkmcleod

Registered
Reaction score
Going to homer this may 7-14 wondering if anyone has any good info on a dive outfitter or any local scuba divers that may wanna go diving while I'm there.

Talk to Last Frontier Dive op in Anchorage who can connect you with instructor in Homer who has tanks etc. Diving to be had across the bay from Homer.

I've never gone diving out in Homer, I always think of that place as a Fisherman's Paradise. How does it compaire to Seward and Whittier?

Heck....snowed in Jan 2015 - so why not resurrect an old post. Homer has some nice spots to dive if you have a boat. There is a local instructor there. Nice guy, that's if he's teaching. You can certainly take a boat and dive the coves near some of the smaller islands. And if you find a reef there will be some nice fish, seaweed and such. However, Seward certainly has better infrastructure for diving and you can get to some "favorite" reefs in that area where you can find Ling, some large eels and a assortment of rockfish. As suggested - if Frontier Diving in Anchorage is still open they're a good source to go to. In fact, Loic the former owner took cert. classes out to Seward.

Last Frontier Diving (www.lastfrontierdiving.com) is still in business but Loic is no longer there. Loic sold his business to his partner Emily Craver and moved to Panama.

Thanks. I was hoping Loic was visiting the store every so often. Just for nostalgia sake. But, given its wintertime - who the heck wants to go diving when you are nice and warm in Panama. :)

Cheers

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom