Cruise Ship Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Do any of the cruise ships that operate in Alaska offer diving?

[MENTION][/MENTION]Was on a Celebrity cruise last January and they offered a dive excursion at one port. However, I think it was cancelled for lack of participation. You will need to check specific sailings to see what is offered. Not all excursions listed for each port are available for every cruise.

Last edited:
I do not think that there are any cruise dives any longer. We used to have one in Sitka however the shop closed about 4 years ago. The cruise ship diving was very limited because Alaska waters are cold and dark and most of the folks that come to Alaska to visit are warm water divers, You can take a cold water diver and toss them in warm water very safely but you can not take a warm water diver and toss them in cold water with out additional training beyond what you can do in a 5 hour cruise ship window. If you want to come to Alaska and dive you can link up with Wind and Water dive shop in Ketchikan , Scuba Tank in Juneau and Dive Alaska in Anchorage. There are a couple more shops in Anchorage but I do not believe they are doing any dive trips.

Alaska is more work but it is worth the work
Herb

Back
Top Bottom