Apeks Warranty Question - Is this valid??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belias

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently purchased an Apeks ATX40 stage-4 (?) kit from an authorized AL dealer that included the first stage, second stage, octo, and console gauges. I realize this is a model behind the current XTX versions, however the ATX's got high reviews in general on this board particularly for cold water diving and I got it at a great price...

Anyway, I received the reg. package which the dealer was nice enough to fully assemble and went to register this on the AL website. Unfortunately, it wouldn't take the serial number (same number on 1st stage and primary 2nd stage; different number on octo). So, I contacted AL and they reported the number was not in their database and to contact the dealer.

Long story short, I contacted the dealer and he was very responsive. He sent an email (and CC'd me on it) to his AL rep. for the area. Initially, the AL rep. said the serial number should be in the pattern: XXX XXXX; however mine is clearly printed as XXXX XXXX. He did some more checking and reported back that for some reason only the first 3 numbers and then the last 4 numbers were entered in to the AL system, and he would be sending me the warranty information based on this 3-digit, space, 4-digit number.

I just want to make sure this sounds reasonable... I only care that the regs are new, going to work properly, and that I will be able to take advantage of the warranty support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm happy to PM any Apeks reps with photos of my SN's if that helps.

Thanks.

Hello belias,

I have registered your products with Aqua Lung / Apeks warranty. The Regs are new and came from our warehouse. Please retain both your sales receipt and the records of your services going forward to maintain the warranty parts agreement. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. happy and safe diving.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for all the help with this - very much appreciated.

- Brian

Back
Top Bottom