Using Apeks Octo w/ Scubapro MK25 and G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kerrycorcoran

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone tell me if it's okay to utilize a Scubapro MK25 and G260 with an Apeks Egress Octo? I had heard the Scubapro is over-balanced and wondered if that would/could cause issues at depth - potentially causing a free-flow with the Apeks Octo?

Any insight appreciated.
Thanks,
Kerry

Kerry,

The Egress octo is a high end pneumatically balanced 2nd stage octopus and will work with most regulators on the market including the MK25.

Last edited:
Kerry,

The Egress octo is a high end pneumatically balanced 2nd stage octopus and will work with all regulators on the market including the MK25.

Not true, it still can not be mixed with the Poseidon Cyklons due to their abnormally high IP.

To the OP, with the exception of the above mentioned regs, the rest of the first and second stages can be mixed and matched with no problem, and the Egress is a perfectly good candidate for that.

I would however HIGHLY recommend spending a few more dollars and getting the XTX50 second stage. It's $225 instead of $185 but is an infinitely superior regulator to the Egress especially if you are planning on going into any technical type diving, this will fit your regulator configuration much better. Only problem is you will probably find with the wide exhaust ports and the much better mouthpiece that you might like the XTX over the G260....

XTX50 Second Stage - Dive Right in Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom