Weight of XTX 200 Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone kindly provide me with the weight of just the 2nd Stage XTX 200 reg?

Thank you.

Thinking of switching to Apeks flight. Lighter weight and less jaw fatigue. Could you tell me the exact weight of the 2nd stage?

As tbone1004 stated just under half a pound at 0.48 pounds. Do not know what a Flight second stage weighs or what either weigh underwater which would probably be more significant.

.46lbs if you want to be exact. They aren't heavy.

The Flight is .28

If you're having jaw fatigue with the XTX you're doing something wrong, especially if using the Comfobites. You shouldn't be clenching or biting or anything, your jaw should be completely relaxed with that mouthpiece, the lip holds the weight by your upper teeth and your lower jaw is just kind of hanging out. If you're having that much trouble with the comfobite, try a Seacure, but all that does is put the bite tabs all the way down your molars and doesn't really help out all that much compared to the Comfobite. This is an Apeks forum, so Kyle is going to yell at me for it, but I don't particularly care right now. There is a knockoff of the Comfobite that is sold by various companies, but Dive Gear Express is my preferred place for it. This is a blatant knockoff of the actual Aqualung Comfobite that is a brilliant mouthpiece, but it is a bit softer and not quite as thick as the original so it may fit your mouth better.

Thank you tbone. While the weight of the 2nd stage on land is 0.46 lbs, the weight or perceived weight underwater should be significantly less. Would this be correct? Thanks for the data and comments. Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom