Apeks Flight 2nd Stage on a XTX 200 first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech99

Contributor
Reaction score
Can an Apeks Flight 2nd stage be connected to a 7 feet standard long hose to a XTX 200 1st stage?

yes, almost any second stage can connect to almost any first stage. The few exceptions are the Poseidon regulators, and a few VERY old regulators that use non standard threads. Curious why you'd use a Flight as your primary instead of the XTX second, but to each his own.

It's due to weight of the 2nd stage and jaw fatigue. I'm thinking, perhaps incorrectly, that switching to an Apeks flight 2nd stage will be significantly better Underwater. Appreciate thoughts and comments.

I am sure a lot of jaw fatigue issues are more as a result of the way the reg is being held than the actual weight of the second. With the Apex Comfort bite mouthpiece there is no need to clamp down on it.

It seems that the Apeks Flight uses a special hose that allows the user to screw and unscrew the 2nd stage without a special tool unlike regular regs. How do you attach an Apeks Flight 2nd stage to a standard low pressure rubber hose? Does the rubber hose need to be configured? Thanks.

then I stand corrected, forgot this had the weird hose hand release QD dealio, you might not be able to use it with a long hose then... If we weren't in the Apeks forum there are some other super lightweight regs that use standard hose fittings that I'd recommend after a mouthpiece change, but they aren't in the Apeks wheelhouse unfortunately, and actually from someone that has Apeks rather miffed so I'm steering far from that.. Either way I would try a different mouthpiece first because the XTX's aren't really all that heavy, they're relatively heavy, but not obnoxiously so.

The weight of the second stages doesnt translate directly to weight in the water/ on the jaw. As the tx regs are larger there is more air inside during use so they are lighter, it is much of a muchness really the flights are only really lighter out of the water. If you have naw fatigue try changing mouth pieces or as grf88 mentioned dont clamp down hard.

Back
Top Bottom