Decompression....Theory Unexploded Goat Shirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim2386

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

I've been working on a tshirt design involving Haldane's Law...err...Theory involving our best friend, The Unexploded Goat. Please let me know what you think of if you have any suggestions.

The Unexploded Scuba Goat

Thanks
Jim

Interesting, but it is really inside-baseball for the great majority of divers. Old Navy divers and a few decompression wonks are about the only folks who will get it. It wasn't just Haldane who used goats. There were goat pens at the Navy's Experimental Diving Unit in the early 1970s when it was still in DC. Captain Bond also used goats for Project Genesis in New London, which lead to saturation diving.

Thanks for the correction. I've updated them to be less specific :)

It's a ScubaBoard thing . . . I believe it was Rick Murchison who first used the phrase.

I like the design. If I needed any more t-shirts, it would be tempting!

Can't see it. Is the link broken, or maybe it's on my end...?

The Unexploded Scuba Goat I just checked the link and it works here.

For some reason the shirts still show ""Haldane" on the front. But if you have over them it shows the right image that now just says Deco Law etc per Akimbo's suggestion. I'll have to fix that after work. It really was a fun project to highlight one of my favorite quotes. I was surprised I hadn't seen anything similar elsewhere.

If was either that or a logo something along the lines of

Stayed above M.O.D....Check!
Returned with a Third in Reserve...Check!
Goat Exploded...Oh crap....

:)

Thanks for your input guys!

FYI - Link did not work the first time - did the second.

I like the:
Stayed above M.O.D....Check!
Returned with a Third in Reserve...Check!
Goat Exploded...Oh crap....

I would do that on the front and the goat logo on the back. Id buy one but maybe a grey not a white. problem is noone around here would understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom