Dive apparel market survey, please join in!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LKDS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Divers,

Please take part in our little survey to help us find out more about apres-diving clothes!
We are a new apparel company based in the UK www.divesangha.com.

Just click on the Survey Planet link below and answer 13 quick questions.

http://bit.ly/1fP6aIE

You can remain anonymous but if you enter your email address you'll have the possibility to win a t-shirts and a dry-bag from our newly launched brand.
We will respect your privacy and will not spam you with unwanted newsletters.

Thank you!

Which option should a 40yr old respondent select? An 18yr old? Survey planet lets ask for people's exact ages. You oughta do that. As it is, you will not be able to do any sort calculation or analysis based on the way you are collecting data.

Hello Divers,

Please take part in our little survey to help us find out more about apres-diving clothes!
We are a new apparel company based in the UK www.divesangha.com.

Just click on the Survey Planet link below and answer 13 quick questions.

http://bit.ly/1fP6aIE

You can remain anonymous but if you enter your email address you'll have the possibility to win a t-shirts and a dry-bag from our newly launched brand.
We will respect your privacy and will not spam you with unwanted newsletters.

Thank you!

Hi RJP, thanks for your comment. A 40yrs old respondent will be in the 40 to 45 group. We didn't include individuals younger than 25 because in both our previous research and in this research over 35% of the respondents were over 45 years old. Our clothes core market is definitely over 30 years old.

All the over 45s are one clump? :)

I couldn't finish my comment. Yes I was too wordy but hey, make me a rashguard that dries quickly, keeps me from being sunburned AND stays cool when dry and you'll have a steady repeat customer for the rest of my clumped up life.

Hey chillyinCanada, yes, one clump of over 45s, our most loyal customers and the really keen ones on market research :wink:. If you're one of them, thank you! You're not the only one to ask for a specific rashguard, but there are already so many on the market. Aren't all they all quick-dry and have UV protection? Do you think the current rashguards on the market do not answer your needs?

The three current rashguards I have go beautifully under my suit, dont dry quickly enough when windy or fast moving boat BUT more importantly, once dry and back on land, too hot to wear just as a sunguard. The material makes me perspire.

I agree. The problem is that natural materials, that would allow your skin to breath properly (ie cotton), are not quick dry. The ones that are quick dry, like polyester, all have that problem. To top it all, to have UV protection, you need very tightly and densely woven fabrics that would make perspire. It's a really tough one to crack but a great challenge too. Thanks for sharing, we'll do some research into fabrics...

Hi RJP, thanks for your comment. A 40yrs old respondent will be in the 40 to 45 group.

Then you probably shouldn't have included 40 as a choice in the "30-40" group. :D

20 to 30 male

30 to 40 male

40 to 45 male

over 45 male

over 45 male

A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who took part in our survey :)!

We will announce the winner of a t-shirt + dry bag in a few days.

Safe diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom