Zuma Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So...can you tell me a little about a BCD called a Zuma Pro? It's not on the website and I can't get any info about it online either.

The Zuma Pro is a limited edition of the Zuma made for training professionals who spend time in chlorinated swimming pools and place more demands on their BCs than the average diver does. It is made of heavier materials that have a greater resistance to fading and abrasion. It allows training professionals to get the benefits of Zuma's unique harness system and low profile in a heavy use environment. It is not as travel friendly, meaning lightweight and packable. as the normal Zuma is.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr
Aqua Lung

Can you tell me how much.....say an xL Zuma Pro weigh? and would it fit in a normal Zuma bag with the package?

An XL/XXL Zuma Pro has a dry weight is 5lbs 11oz.
Yes, it will fit in a Departure bag with the rest of the travel kit.

The Zuma Pro is a limited edition of the Zuma made for training professionals who spend time in chlorinated swimming pools and place more demands on their BCs than the average diver does. It is made of heavier materials that have a greater resistance to fading and abrasion. It allows training professionals to get the benefits of Zuma's unique harness system and low profile in a heavy use environment. It is not as travel friendly, meaning lightweight and packable. as the normal Zuma is.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr
Aqua Lung
Durability was my concern when the Zuma first came out and lack of D-rings. I understand the Zuma Pro has some D-rings? Guess I will find out since the order has already gone in.

I had a look at one of these today. Much more durable than the standard Zuma and certainly looks good all black, but I still think the tail of the bladder is prominent and prone to damage from tank racks on certain boats.

The Zuma Pro is a limited edition of the Zuma made for training professionals who spend time in chlorinated swimming pools and place more demands on their BCs than the average diver does.
If it has been designed for training professionals then why was the pocket not increased in size to accomodate training slates, and why not a second pocket for other training materials?

Had it not been for these two concerns I would probably have brought it on the spot, but I need to be 100% happy.

Durability was my concern when the Zuma first came out and lack of D-rings. I understand the Zuma Pro has some D-rings? Guess I will find out since the order has already gone in.

Post a review on what you think of it.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr
Aqua Lung

Tom,

I just bought the standard Zuma for myself and my girlfriend... I would have bought the more durable Pro version if I knew about it.... 1) is it available in Canada? 2) If not, how do I order it?

thanks,

JK

My shop got hold of one medium/large but there hasn't been much interest in it. UK prices and shipping probably won't make it appealing to you, but if you have money to burn and a need to have it then we can probably work something out.

My shop got hold of one medium/large but there hasn't been much interest in it. UK prices and shipping probably won't make it appealing to you, but if you have money to burn and a need to have it then we can probably work something out.

Thanks mattoau... Unfortunately, I need a small/medium and extra-small...

Back
Top Bottom