Gear bag warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone know what the warranty is on Aqualung’s Traveler 1550 – Medium roller bag? All I could find on their website was this: “GEAR BAGS: Lifetime Warranty: including airline handling damage.” After dealing with another manufacturer who has a limited warranty, I discovered my issues are not covered. It looks like it is time to buy a couple new bags and it would be nice if I am not misreading Aqualungs warranty. After all the bags only get used a couple times a year and it would be nice to only have to shell out the money once (one more time that is).

Dear tc_rain,

No, you are not misreading the bag warranty. The Aqua Lung bags have a lifetime warranty including airline handling damage. I can understand that this kind of warranty is uncommon and may be difficult to believe, and your comment had me question it myself, so I decided to double check with Customer Service by giving them several outrageous, but entirely accidental, scenarios…one involving the Traveler 850 bag and a car, which actually happened to me. Their response to me was “We are very generous with the warranty.” Now, I’m not sure what your particular issues were that other manufactures did not cover it, but it’s safe to say that if you decided on an Aqua Lung bag then probably the most you’ll have to endure is a few chuckles while Customer Service takes care of your problem.

On a side note…You might think that I had my bag replaced after it picked a fight with my car, but I didn’t bother. It was left with only a small battle scar. The new Traveler series bags may be lightweight, but they are solid!

Happy Diving,

Looks like Aqualung just sold a couple bags. I have several Aqualung products (4 sets of regs and 2 BC's just to mention a few) and have always been happy with the product and performance. This type of service will set you apart from all others. Thank you for you service and products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom