Aqualung Glacia users input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am debating getting a Aqualung Legend Glacia for my main reg I have a MR12 Voltrex but dive a lot in Michigan so I need Cold Water Regulator. My shop is giving me a good price. I was considering Atomic but the Christolube Packing is an Extra 40.00 around here or sending a reg back to Atomic is now 140.00 + the 40.00 for the Christolube. I understand the Glacia is a great breathing reg. Any personal input from anyone who dives the Legend Glacia.

I have around 80 dives on my Glacia. Though not in cold water. I bought it simply because of the great deal at the time.
My coldest dive was 46F so I can’t really address the cold water performance.
It breathes great in all positions .Inverted is a bit harder to breathe but not much. Parts and service are readily available. I also like the ACD (Auto Closure Device).It closes off the 1st stage when you remove it from the tank so water, dirt, etc can’t get in. No need to panic if you forget the dust cap when rinsing. I’m very pleased with it so far.

Good to hear It's supposed to be a good performing regulator just wanted some Feedback

Thanks

The Glacia is essentially a Legend LX Supreme with 3 additional heat syncs and a slightly different 2nd stage.

since the main guts are identical, the performance should be identical short of Sub Arctic temperatures.

I don't own a Glacia, though I do own two Legend LX Supreme. and they are great regs, they breath effortlessly and are very tough. The Glacia should be just as good than the Legend albeit a little heavier due to the extra heat syncs.

Happy diving.

Kunundrum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom