Aqualung Blizzard Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Noob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Aqualung drysuits? How comfortable are they? How long-lasting are they?

Specifically, my local dive shop has the Aqualung Blizzard 4mm. I dive in water that's around 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit). With a decent undergarment, would that be enough?

I was at another local dive shop with the BARE Nexgen, which has more publicity (and good reviews), but the Blizzard is about $400 cheaper, so that's also a consideration. I'm on a semi-tight budget. If the Blizzard is decent (and it can last a few years with good care), then I wouldn't mind it.

Also, I'm curious as to the difference between the 4mm and the 7mm. Would I be fine for the 4mm in 10 degree Celsius water?

I'll let some of your fellow Canadians chime in on this one. Aqua Lung America does not carry this suit and I have not dove it personally.

Hi Scuba_Noob,

The Blizzard is a nice piece of Kit, The 4mm gives you a thermal break and the flexibility you probably would ever need. (you loose some flexibility in the 7mm) 4mm is plenty thick it would just require slightly more underwear than the 7mm.

However ... Aqualung has Recently acquired Whites Drysuits, and because of this it's a pretty safe bet that the Blizzard drysuits days are limited in Canada.

if you wanted to stay in the AL Family, look at the Fusion Sport from Whites, it's a great suit and dives like a wetsuit. There is usually a Whites try'n dive event fairly often in BC, ask your LDS if they know when/where the next one is, and this will give you the ability to try it before making up your mind.

Regards

Thanks for the replies. While I do think that the Fusion Sport is amazing (and it'd be one of my top choices with a limitless budget), I do have a somewhat inflexible budget, which is why I was looking at the relatively inexpensive Blizzard. However, in doing a lot of research comparing neoprene and shell, I think I'm probably going to go with a shell drysuit.

Looking at BARE SPORTSWEAR NEX-GEN PRO or WHITES NEXUS SHELL SUIT, so looks like I'd better get these posts out of Aqualung. Though I am getting an Aqualung first and second stage :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom