The Legend Continues...Aqua Lung's New Legend Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Lung Lauren

Registered
Reaction score
Legend_LUX_2nd_2.jpg
Aqua Lung_black.png
Aqua Lung’s LEGEND: REBORN
New Collection of Regulators are Smaller, Lighter, Easier to Use

VISTA, Calif. – December 9th, 2011 – Ten years ago, Aqua Lung set the standard for performance regulators with the launch of the Legend series, aptly named after the pioneering ocean explorer, and Aqua Lung founder, Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau.

Now, we have done it again.

“For the past decade, our Legend regulators have been somewhat of an icon in the industry,” said Olivier Laguette, director of marketing for Aqua Lung. “And we’ve now developed technologies that make the Legend collection even better.

The new and improved Legend collection features three regulators: The Legend, Legend LX and the brand-new Legend LUX.

Each regulator comes with yoke and DIN connectors in either Standard, for optimal performance in water temperatures greater than 50 degrees, or Supreme, for water temperatures below 50 degrees.

Slightly smaller and lighter, the new Legend regulators provide improved performance with a modified yoke knob for better drainage and a spring-loaded Auto Closure Device (ACD) that snaps shut automatically to prevent water from getting into the device.

Both the Legend LX and Legend LUX have a patented dual control system, rather than a knob and switch, to control the opening effort. The Master Breathing System (MBS) easily controls both the venturi and opening effort automatically and simultaneously, allowing for smoother, more natural breathing.

“The reborn collection is incredibly quiet and smooth and makes breathing effortless,”
added Laguette.

The Legend and Legend LX both come in traditional silver while the new Legend LUX comes in rose gold. Supreme regulators come in a satin finish, and Standard regulators come in basic chrome.

For more product information check out the Legend Digital Brochure:www.sportdiver.com/aqualungdpub

The new collection will be available on December 10, 2011, at Authorized Aqua Lung Dealers across the country and at Aqua Lung - Recreational and Professional Diving Gear. Styles range in price from $585.00 to $1095.00 depending on the model. For specific stores carrying Aqua Lung products, log onto www.aqualung.com or call 760-597-5000.

Attachments

• legend_lux_yoke.jpg
    legend_lux_yoke.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 348
  • legend_dec10.jpg
    legend_dec10.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Aqua Lung_FTD.png
    Aqua Lung_FTD.png
    13 KB · Views: 219
Would it be worth upgrading my Old Legend (gold ring) to the new Legend LX? Also will my old Legend Oct still work with the new one?

Hi Howie411,
If you're asking me, the manufacturer representative, then by all means, yes, upgrade. Selling another Legend never hurt my feelings! Seriously though, your Legend is a fine piece of equipment. Hopefully it has served you well and brought you many trouble-free dives. You should upgrade if you believe you can benefit from a smaller size and lighter weight. Also, if you don't care for having two separate 2nd stage controls and would rather have one-control-does-all. Some will be lured by the new cosmetics, especially on the LUX unit. Only you can make these decisions.
Yes, your existing octopus is cross-compatible.

Hi Tom, i am looking for a new set of regs, and legend LUX is definitely caught my attention.
i narrowed my long-list down to Legend LUX and Apeks XTX200.
My question is very simple, Since both regulators came from the same parent company, which one is better? in term of performance and ease of breathing.

Thanks

Hi Xeon_intel,
Great question! Since both are of the same design, meaning over-balanced, diaphragm first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage, the performances are comparable. It would be difficult to distinguish in a blind test. I believe that you are safe to make your choice based upon features and aesthetics. The new LUX is a beauty for sure. The XTX200 has that rugged tek look to it. The new LUX has the new MBS feature where one knob controls both the venturi assist and the spring effort simultaneously. Tough choice for sure!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, the main reason I was looking to upgrade, and I was originally looking at the old Legend LX model was for the Venturi knob, my current AL Legend is the barebone one. But now that the newer one is out, I was just trying to decide if its worth just upgrading to the newer model LX.

Hi Howie411,
If you're asking me, the manufacturer representative, then by all means, yes, upgrade. Selling another Legend never hurt my feelings! Seriously though, your Legend is a fine piece of equipment. Hopefully it has served you well and brought you many trouble-free dives. You should upgrade if you believe you can benefit from a smaller size and lighter weight. Also, if you don't care for having two separate 2nd stage controls and would rather have one-control-does-all. Some will be lured by the new cosmetics, especially on the LUX unit. Only you can make these decisions.
Yes, your existing octopus is cross-compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom