D6i pairing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MantaRey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got a D6i with transmitter. I paired it for the first time today and it does display a code, but it goes straight to "no conn" and says "0000" as the tank pressure. I took a few breaths off the regulator, even purged it for a few seconds. And I tried re-pairing it, and even tried with another code.

Am I missing something? Is this normal? Or am I supposed to see the tank pressure right away?

You should be able to read the tank pressure as soon as the connection is made. What steps are you using for the initial sync? This is what I did
Pressure turned off and purged from first stage
Go to settings on the d6-reset code
Go into dive mode
Turn on tank valve
Hold d6 against the transmitter wait for it to connect
After the initial sync you the d6 will sync very quickly and you don't have to be as close to the transmitter. If you still don't get it to sync contact your supplier for help.

I did those exact steps. It'll read the code so it changes the CD:-- to actually have a code. Then it goes to 0000, after a few seconds it'll say "no conn" and switch back and forth between that and 0000. According to the manual that means it's synced but the transmitter just hasn't updated the info in a minute, it says that it'll change when you start breathing the regulator. Which I did for a little bit but it never changed.

So looks like I'm calling AQ. It sucks because I was really looking forward to using it during winter break. :depressed: Other than this its an awesome computer.

Thanks for the reply!

Also, it's worth noting that the lightning bolt symbol has never come up. But now that I know the pressure should come up right away, I think I'm going to start by trying a new transmitter. Thanks again.

One other thought, after it sync's and reads 0000 try toggling the bottom left button through the options and back to psi. That should refresh the pressure reading and show you tank pressure. If that works you may want to change your sample rate to a lower number. The only other thing I can think of is the battery in the transmitter may be low and need to be replaced, but I would doubt that. Have had that happen to me but I couldn't sync at all. AL replaced it for me.

Hi MantaRey,
Please give us a call when you have your computer and transmitter in front of you. We'd be glad to walk through it with you and see what's up.

Tom, I ended up giving it another shot and was successful in pairing. All I did was change codes until I got it to work. At first I was getting codes from 26 and up. But it worked once it got to code 10. It seems to be working fine now, but is this something I should be concerned about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom