Rebuild kit for a Deepstar I first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A while back, I purchased a deepstar I first stage online to use on my pony bottle. I like it because it is a very simple design. However, i am unable to find a rebuild kit for it. Any suggestions as to where I might find one or send it off to have it serviced?

I doubt AL is going to suggest a rebuild kit for it, it's pretty old. The good news is, the soft parts are all common parts so you should have no problems finding replacements if you want to DIY a kit. The Oring is common, the LP seat is common to a lot of modern regs (or you can make your own) as is the diaphgram but odds are it's OK. The biggest problem will be the exhaust valve and odds are it's a common size as well. Trident has aftermarket parts that should work in their catalog, any dealer can order the parts for you.

Well duhhaa, as I closed this I realized you said first stage but since you need both stages I will leave it. The DS is a simple flow by piston reg. All the parts are common with the possible exception of the HP seat. The seat may or may not be common to other regs (odds are it is). If I had to bet, I would guess it is the same as the Aquarius (also no OEM parts). If it's common Trident also has seats, if not you can DIY them fairly easily.

Hi Oldschool,
Aqua Lung no longer supports these vintage regulators with parts or service.
Obviously, 3rd party parts come with risks so please be careful.

I forgot to mention the common old school practice of turning the HP seat over. The seat in those regs is reversable- you can use either or both sides. And for what it's worth, unless it's giving you problems - creeping for example- I would not flip it. Those seats are very stable and unless they are giving you a problem, there is no good reason to flip/replace it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom