Dimension I3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has there been any problems with the I3 inflator connection? I just bought 1 for our trip to Maui. On my 3rd dive the 2nd tank on a 2 tank dive I got a big air leak coming from connection. I tried unsnapping and resnapping with no luck as long as the hose was attached to the inflator it would leak. I took the BC and my reg into B&B who is authorized dealer and Brad took it apart and had a heck of a time geting connection out of inflator. He said it looked like it had been cross thread. He put it back together and tried a different air supply hose and it didn't leak. Then went the next day to dive and about to step off boat and it starts leaking again. So has anyone else had a problem like this.

Engineermark,
There are two different o-ring seals at play here. The male portion of the QD plug threads into the i3 body. It has an o-ring seal at the base of it. The plug could be loose or the o-ring damaged. Cross-threading of this plug could also be a possibility.
The other possibility is the o-ring inside the female portion of the QD (the coupler). It should also be inspected.
The good news is that both issues are simple and easy to fix. If you're still in Maui, you should take it back to B&B and have them take another look. They can call us if they have any concerns. This should be a quick fix. We'll get you and your Dimension i3 back in the water asap.

Engineermark,
There are two different o-ring seals at play here. The male portion of the QD plug threads into the i3 body. It has an o-ring seal at the base of it. The plug could be loose or the o-ring damaged. Cross-threading of this plug could also be a possibility.
The other possibility is the o-ring inside the female portion of the QD (the coupler). It should also be inspected.
The good news is that both issues are simple and easy to fix. If you're still in Maui, you should take it back to B&B and have them take another look. They can call us if they have any concerns. This should be a quick fix. We'll get you and your Dimension i3 back in the water asap.

Ended having to use a rental the rest of my vacation. My local shop state side was able to work with Aqua Lung to get me back to diving. Brad in Maui looked at it and got it apart said it looked to have been a problem from factory. When I picked up my BC they showed me the I3 cover they had to replace and you could easily tell the plastic opening was oval shaped instead of being round like the replacement was. I'm not sure what my dive shop had to pay out to get this fixed but they weren't to happy with what Aqua Lung was supposedly stating. My wife got the Lotus i3 and did not have any problems and my cohort who got same bc as I did had no problems on his diving either. Hopefully on my next dive I will get to enjoy my BC instead of a rental.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom