THANKS AQUA LUNG!!! Pearl I3 replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jodylynn007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Very happy/satisfied Aqua Lung customer here. Just wanted to share my experience as that company deserves a shout out. I purchased an I3 BCD last February (a little less than a year ago) from a local dealer in Vancouver, BC Canada and as I am a vacation diver, the BC saw only 50 dives during it's one year lifetime. While I was in Hawaii in November of last year my Dive Master pointed out that I had a very small leak coming out of the back of my vest.

When we surfaced and checked it out, there was in fact a hole through the outer layer and the bladder of the BC that was allowing a tiny amount of air to leak out every so slowly (didn't affect the dive in any way). The hole was likely caused by a tank falling on it or something of that nature (said the Dive Master) and it wasn't on a seam or anything that would warrant it being defective (clearly it was user error).

When I got home from my vacation (as I continued to dive with it while on holidays without too much of an issue), I brought it to my local dive shop to see if they could repair it (the dive shop in Hawaii wasn't willing to do so). They had a look and said they'd send it back to Aqua Lung for the repair. I paid about $25 shipping to send it in to them. After a couple of months and a few follow-up phone calls, I was notified that Aqua Lung had decided that instead of repairing the BC that they were just going to send me a brand new one - WOW THANKS AQUA LUNG!!!! AMAZING!!!!

So, I had ordered a size Large BC originally (which was a bit too large I found out after my 50 dives) and so since I was getting a new one, not only did I get a brand new BC, I also got a different size - MED/LARGE. I paid $35 shipping to have the new BC returned to me and that's the end of my story.

One final time, THANK YOU SO MUCH AQUA LUNG - I have your reg, back-up and BC and I definitely will not hesitate to purchase or recommend your product to anyone in future. You made me such a happy lady!!!

Another shout out for them. I purchased a Balance BC last January. I went to Palau in Feb (after 30 days) and found that it listed to one side. The problem persisted through every adjustment I could come up with. I was pretty unhappy after Palau, Roatan and Fiji (just got back from Fiji). I went in and told them I wanted to burn it and was told they would give me FULL CREDIT to any bc in the store. I am studying it. Trying to decide to give the balance another try (My experience was very abnormal) or get the Dimension with the new i3 system. I am leaning toward the Dimension simply because I had such a bad experience with the other one. I tried everything to stop the listing. Even let a couple divemasters try it and everyone had the same problem. The reviews on the dimension have been excellent. My point however is TERRIFIC customer service long after they were obligated to do anything. They could not be better. PS, this is why I support my local dive shop. I know it is trendy and less expensive to buy online but I like the personal touch. And my lds could not do this sort of stuff without Aqua lung support. BIG THANKS

<snip> After a couple of months and a few follow-up phone calls, I was notified that Aqua Lung had decided that instead of repairing the BC that they were just going to send me a brand new one - WOW THANKS AQUA LUNG!!!! AMAZING!!!!<snip>

Curious as to why it took so long for them to decide what to do with it. I'm guessing you sent it over to Saanichton?

Curious as to why it took so long for them to decide what to do with it. I'm guessing you sent it over to Saanichton?

Not sure why it took so long for them to decide what to do with it actually... I was dealing with IDC in Vancouver, not sure what/where "Saanichton" is? However the couple of months it took was over the Christmas break so likely the holidays had something to do with it. Not too concerned though as the situation was handled over and above my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom