Rocket Fins failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hydreliox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was recently on a dive (and I will skip the details) but had a failure of my Aqaulung Rocket Fins. The failure point was the 'plug' where the straps connect. Images below.

Upon inspection after the dive it appears the plug on the opposite side has failed also. As for the other fin in the pair, one side plug has cracking and deterioration, whilst the other side remains ok.

What I find odd is the failure is on the open heel (rather than toe end) of the plug where I would expect there to be less strain.

I have contacted Aqualung about this as I don't expect them to fail in a 3 month period (from new).

Has anyone else had any issues or did I just get a 'dodgy' set.

Depending on the response I get and outcome I may have to switch to a different brand of "power fin". I will certainly be struggling to recommend these to customers in our dive resort or anyone looking at purchasing a set of "power fins" for technical diving.

I hope for a speedy response and resolution from Aqualung in this matter (adding that I am currently based in the Philippines).

IMG_0185.jpgIMG_0187.jpgIMG_0189.jpgIMG_0191.jpg

I would repair them if no answer from Aqualung. With a stainless screw and a sex nut plus some glue you can fix them and leave them better than new.

I'd like to assist you. Can you tell me where you purchased the fins? Are you in the military?

I purchased them from a supplier in the Philippines (I believe you main stockist here) - Aquaventure WhiteTip Dive Supplies. When it comes to these things they seem to be less that helpful, but that isn't your issue at all.

I did consider repairing them, but didn't wish to do so before speaking to someone. I tried contacting the UK Aqualung main office too, but they fell through after trying to message me and not being able to do so apparently.

Thanks Tom, I hope to here from you soon. If you wish we can discuss this via PM. I hope good customer service can provide a solution to the issue, but as of yet I'm sorry to say it hasn't.

---------- Post added ----------

And no, I'm not in the military by the way Tom. Specialty Instructor, Trimix Diver and Dive Resort Supervisor at Liquid Dumaguete - Philippines.

I would rather have not posted this, but I will remain as tactful as possible.

Once again, I seem to have only gotten so far with as response before contact has been dropped. I must admit I am very disappointed in the customer service given from both your UK, US offices, as well as your supplier here in the Philippines.

I did not expect a company of your stature to let down its customers so much, or so publicly.

I suspect that because of the size and nature of your company, a minor issue with one person means very little to business.

It is unfortunate this problem couldn't have been resolved in a much more satisfying manner!

Thanks.

Like many I'm watching this and it will certainly have some bearing on my next purchase.

Sent from my DROID X2

I apologize that this has not been a quicker process.
I am limited in what I can get transacted in the Philippines from this side of the globe.
The good news is that our Phillippines distributor has just arrived to the USA and I will see him this evening.
I will make it a priority to get this brought to his attention. We will try to get some rapid closure on this. Thank you for your patience.

---------- Post added ----------

I just sent you a PM with contact information on how to get this resolved in the Philippines.
We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Jim,

Your warranty for the Super Rocket Fins has been APPROVED. You can stop into any of our 6 branches and pick them up OR we can ship them to you FREE OF CHARGE. Below are the Cell Numbers of all of our Branches. I am not sure who you contacted at our branch about this but we are the Exclusive Supplier of Aqua Lung here in the Philippines and we handle all the warranty issues. I was never made aware of any warranty issues with the fins, with exception of the booties that had a hole in the toe. I was unaware of any issues you were having prior to now. Also here is the email contact information for our Director of Sales & Service, Sean M. Cooney sean@aquaventurewhitetip.com if you have any other warranty concerns.

Please return the broken fins when you pick up the warranty replacements.

Ermita 09209555868
Makati 09399133605
Cebu 09209555869
Mactan 09209555861
Puerto Galera 09209555867
Boracay 09209555920

The Leading Supplier of SCUBA Diving Equipment in the Philippines | AWDS

Thank you,
Gary Andrews,
Sales & Service Coordinator
Aquaventure Whitetip Dive Supply
Email: gary@aquaventurewhitetip.com

Thanks for the help guys and getting this sorted. They are on their way via LBC (sent yesterday) so I expect they will arrive today.

Sorry it took so long but at least we have come to a resolution with it!

My only concern is that the same failure happens again and I am left finless!

Thanks again,
Jim

Standing by :)) - I hope this will be resolved/ or is now resolved since its been more than a month now. Likewise, I am from the Philippines too and a regular of Aquaventure Whitetip - purchasing/using AL products ( Fins, Masks/snorkel Wet suit and booties, BCD and considering to purchase my 1st Regs and dive computer( Suunto Zoop) soon - XTX20 and an Al Titan series of course ) since I got certified last June 2012

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:27 PM ----------

P1010040.jpg13072012418.jpgSAM_1274.JPGStanding by :)) - I hope this will be resolved/ or is now resolved since its been more than a month now. Likewise, I am from the Philippines too and a regular of Aquaventure Whitetip - purchasing/using AL products ( Fins, Masks/snorkel Wet suit and booties, BCD and considering to purchase my 1st Regs and dive computer( Suunto Zoop) soon - XTX20 and an Al Titan series of course ) since I got certified last June 2012

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom