Pro QD I3 BCD Weight Pockets question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IrishPaul

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the above BCD - which I love, except for one issue witht he Sure-Lok pockets.

They are stitched along the center so that there are 2 narrow channels within the pocket for holding weights.

Unfortunately these 2 channels are too narrow to accomodate hard weights bigger than the standard 2 lbers. This really limits the amount of ditchable weight.

If one were to cut the stitching (forming the 2 channels into one) to allow for larger weights in the pockets, would this compromise the Sure Lok function?

The picture below shows the "channels" I am talking about. They are solidly stitched, and are too narrow for my hard weights.

Thanks,
Paul

1238577219_original_1_1.jpg

I have a Pro QD i3 and love it, and actually the weigh pouches are great, they can accommodate tons of weight. You just need to get some Sea Pearl weights I use them all the time even 5 pound ones fit although quite snugly. I have had the pouches loaded up with 36 lbs before when I used a dry suit.

The single channel pouch accommodates two 5 pound weights.
The dual channel accommodates four 4 pound weights.
Aqua Lung recommends hard weights over shot pouches.
Are you using homemade or off-brand weights?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom