Balance riding high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Diving cold with my Balance, I wear 24 lbs, 2 in each of the trim pockets, 5 in each of the removable pockets, and 10 on the belt.

It seems that when I goto 80 - 100 feet, the BCD rides up - sitting 3 - 4 inches above my shoulder. At 60 feet and less, it is fine.

Anyone else experience this? How have you resolved this?

I can think of a reason. Do you dive a wetsuit?

At 100ft, you thick wetsuit loses most of its buoyancy. What you to do compensate for that? You put air into your BC. You BC is now more bouyant, and ride up. At 60ft, you wetsuit still have somewhat buoyant, so less air is needed in your BC, so less buoyanct BC don't ride up as much.

Can you install crotch strap for your balance?

I can think of a reason. Do you dive a wetsuit?

At 100ft, you thick wetsuit loses most of its buoyancy. What you to do compensate for that? You put air into your BC. You BC is now more bouyant, and ride up. At 60ft, you wetsuit still have somewhat buoyant, so less air is needed in your BC, so less buoyanct BC don't ride up as much.

Can you install crotch strap for your balance?

That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't see any good place to add a crotch strap. The other alternative I am considering is dropping the weight belt and putting 10 in each pocket instead of 5 each; I like having the weight spread out though.

i usually give the straps a little tug on the way down but it sounds like yours is the wrong size.

i usually give the straps a little tug on the way down but it sounds like yours is the wrong size.

Which straps do you adjust? Waist? Shoulder?

Why do you think it is the wrong size?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom