hotshot fins size question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

starfish.it

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
my husband bought these fins for me online in size regular, my US shoe size is 8 (38 EU) and I want to wear them with a neoprene sock. The fins do not slip off my feet but a gap about 2 cm (3/4 inch) wide remains between the tip of my toe and the end of the fin foot pocket. I am afraid the smaller size would end up being too small, not sure wether to change them or not... advise based on experience from anyone? thanks!

I would have thought small would have been your size, according to size recommendations here in Japan anyway. When you say you want to wear socks does this mean you have already done so and you still feel they may be too lose? If so I would be getting the small.Of course fins do not be to be tight just snug. Good luck.

yes, as I am right in between the small and regular we thought that with the socks on regular would have been fine, but I have tried them on with the socks and they are definitely large for me. i will return them and get the smaller size, hopefully won't be too tight! thanks :)

yes, as I am right in between the small and regular we thought that with the socks on regular would have been fine, but I have tried them on with the socks and they are definitely large for me. i will return them and get the smaller size, hopefully won't be too tight! thanks :)

No problem. I too am often right in the middle of small and medium and it causes me no end of problems especially with fins, I always use spring straps and often end up having to source shorter third part springs. Sounds like you'll be fine with small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom