Aqua Lung/Suunto Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kev_328

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The quick disconnect on my Cobra recently failed. When I opened up and examined the failure point I discovered it was a couple of O-ring K5168 and K1042. My LDS has a couple of K5168's in stock but will need to order the K1042. I asked them if it was possible to rush an order for the second part and their response was a bit shocking. "Aqua Lung has a terrible time shipping parts on time. Asking them to place a rush on it is not a good idea." Fair enough their entitled to their opinion.

I then contacted 2 other LDS's and received the same assessment regarding Aqua Lung's ability to ship product in a timely manner. I decided to tempt fate and order the parts online directly through Aqua Lung....imagine my surprise when I discover that Aqua Lung doesn't offer a direct to customer interface.

Is it really this bad? Do I really have to order parts via the LDS and wait perhaps as long as 2 weeks for an o-ring?

A Dismayed Customer

All they have to do is place a minium order and pay their bill and the parts will ship out immediately. When they order stand by the phone and listen or look at the packing slip for the order date.

Some Aqua Lung items can be ordered online through the Aqua Lung Store or an authorized Aqua Lung dealer, but not repair parts. Repair items will need to go through a shop. It may take a day or so before it ships, but we find the Aqua Lung turn around time about average.

If the dealer would call tech services and ask they would probably toss a couple small items like that into an envelope and ship out same day. Saving the hassle of making a minimum order amount and waiting for ground shipping. Especially a couple o-rings.
In my experience with Aqua Lung they have been top notch at providing prompt solutions for their customers so the comments you heard seem very out of characters to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom