Restarting parts for life program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a search-didn't find anything. So here is the question...if you failed to follow the service requirements for a few years, can you get back on the program?

I asked about this after letting ours go during a dry spell (assuming it worked like SPs used to) and my LDS said no, once you've missed they don't reinstate them. I decided that was just as well, I'd rather get things serviced when they need it rather than on some artificial schedule. Won't cost me any more in the end, plus I won't be rushing to get some perfectly working regs serviced before a trip just so they can screw them up.

I sat through a week long scuba Marketing seminar put on by someone who owns 4 scuba stores. He sells AqualLung primarily at all 4 shops. He not only said that it can be reinstated, it is a very simple thing to do. AqualLung absolutely wants people in it. He recommended that shops tell their customers that they will go to bat for them and see if they can get it reinstated. When they do, the customer will feel grateful that the shop went the extra mile for them.

I sat through a week long scuba Marketing seminar put on by someone who owns 4 scuba stores. He sells AqualLung primarily at all 4 shops. He not only said that it can be reinstated, it is a very simple thing to do. AqualLung absolutely wants people in it. He recommended that shops tell their customers that they will go to bat for them and see if they can get it reinstated. When they do, the customer will feel grateful that the shop went the extra mile for them.

this...

I think most companies (ESPECIALLY one like Aqualung) would want to build report with clients and protect them (yes, making $ is a goal, not downplaying that at all)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Great to know. I might try it and see. I actually picked it up second hand but in awesome condition. I went on line to see if I could look up the exact model by serial # and was able to do it in the online registration thing. It even pulled up the name of the store it was sold from and asked me to enter all my info...so I did. I am thinking maybe who ever bought it didn't register it? Could I be that lucky? We will see.

:)

Salty are you talking about that Legend LX reg you were asking about? If they didn't register it then you definitely can and take advantage of it! Good luck!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

The Free Parts for Life Program is a three way agreement between the end-user, the retailer and Aqua Lung. It is purely optional. IF you choose to participate in the program there are some obligations in place for each of the three parties involved. One requirement for the end-user is that the regulator be brought in for inspection or overhaul each year. If this requirement is not met, then the program is over. It cannot be reinstated. Exceptions are made for our military men and women serving overseas.
The program is available to original owners only who purchased their equipment from an authorized Aqua Lung retailer. It is not transferable.
I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings.

unfortunate...now there is no incentive to have them serviced according to your schedule or by your people.

If I understand your position correctly, you are saying that there is no incentive to have your regulator inspected or serviced annually or to be done by technicians that receive the factory authorized training and have access to the correct parts? If that is what you are saying, we at Aqua Lung disagree with this. We believe that all regulators should be inspected or serviced annually by someone who is properly trained and equipped to do the job. Anything short of this is outside the manufacturer's prescribed care and could place a diver at unnecessary risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom