Conshelf Supreme military grade parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Urchinator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wonderin'...what's the difference between Conshelf Supreme military grade silicone fluid and the civi type? I also noticed the 2nd stage diaphragm is listed as having the two grades as well.....not like they'd be non-magnetic or anything like it with that reg.

The military fluid is less viscous (thinner). The civilian version had an EFA (external fine adjustment) to set the medium pressure externally.This required a central hole in the external diaphragm. The existing fluid back in the day would leak so they used a thicker fluid on those. The military was well entrenched with their fluid and did not want to qualify the new, thicker version.

Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Does AL still have complete environmental conversion kits for the Conshelf, namely the EFA type?

I know they have a dry seal enviro kit part#100525

Your AL dealer may be able to get the old school fluid type parts. The part numbers are listed in the service manual,which is available at the aqualung website iirc .

We no longer offer a Supreme kit with the EFA. We do offer the individual parts but that can be pricey. As mentioned above, the Environmental Dry Kit , p/n 100525, is the best way to go. It's easy and a lot less messy.

We no longer offer a Supreme kit with the EFA. We do offer the individual parts but that can be pricey. As mentioned above, the Environmental Dry Kit , p/n 100525, is the best way to go. It's easy and a lot less messy.

I have to totally agree with that.

I have about 10 different Conshelf first stages and a couple of Titan, and I have converted all (but two) to dry environmental chambers. A few of my Conshelf were Conshelf Supremes in the past, but I replaced the chamber to the dry chamber.

The two that I haven’t converted is because they never get wet… They are my regulator work bench utility LP air source and one that I use with a blow gun for clean blow air (they both have pressure relieve valves as protection).

All the regulators I dive have dry environmental chambers… My favorite are actually the predecessor to the Conshelf… the Royal Aqua Master (and now the Phoenix Royal Aqua Master). It is great that all my first stages share all the exact same replaceable parts (the same replacement parts since 1965). :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom