RECALL - SureLock II Weight Pocket Handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tphillipp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
To All Aqua Lung Divers:

Aqua Lung is conducting a voluntary recall of SureLock II weight pocket handles as found on most Aqua Lung buoyancy compensators since 2009.

Please use the link below which will take you to our website where you may read the recall announcement, learn if your buoyancy compensator is affected and how to remedy the situation.
As stated in the recall announcement quantities of replacement handles will be in short supply for the first few weeks, but we felt a responsibility to notify all Aqua Lung customers as quickly as possible.
We have made production of replacement handles a top priority with our supplier. Please contact your local authorized Aqua Lung dealer prior to bringing in your weight pockets to inquire whether they have replacement handles available.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We thank you for purchasing Aqua Lung products and wish you safe and enjoyable diving adventures.

Recall Notice

View attachment Consumer Notice.pdf

The Aqua Lung Team

Is this recall active in Canada as well?

TIA

Yes it is. It is just getting unfolded today. You will hear more from Aqua Lung Canada and Health Canada in the coming days.

Sorry for another region specific question, but my girlfriend's handles have already broken off. She bought the BCD while working in Thailand, but is currently located in Australia. Will this be an international type recall? Do we need to contact Aqualung Asia Pacific?

We'll be in America next month if it's possible to just honor the recall there? Thanks for any info!

Yes, this is an international recall. Replacement handles have been shipped to Australia with more shipping each week until we're caught up.

Yet another region specific question. I bought the BCD in the USA, but I currently live in Singapore. Can I contact an Aqualung dealer in Singapore for replacement or do I we to contact Aqualung Asia Pacific? Thanks.​

thnx for this info

You have an authorized dealer in Saudi Arabia? I took the recall notice to the dive shop here that sells Aqua-Lung products, and they said they don't have the handles, and then said I should try to find an authorized dealer, as they aren't even authorized to sell your products. Either Eastern Saudi Arabia or Bahrain would work, as we can get over there fairly easily. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom