Axiom I3 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flodad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have a couple questions...

Purchased a New Axiom I3 as a gift for my son this week. His size is right inbetween the upper levels of Small and lower limits of med, so went with the Medium. My question, is there a way to shorten the Med waist strap (as thats the only part that doesnt fit perfectly?) HIs waist is a 30"

Second question is would any aqualung power inflator hose fit this BCD? I know he doesnt need it to function but thought he should have the hose as an instructor to be able to demo the use of it? Overkill and unecessary?

thanks

I don't believe it is possible to shorten the waist strap because the "cummerbund" would be the limiting factor on how much you can cinch up the waist. It is possible to make them longer by removing the strap from the d rings if he pushed the upper limits of the small.

As far as the power inflator yes any aqualung power inflator will screw on to the bc where the oral inflate hose is installed, and any Aqua Lung power inflater hose will attach to the inflator.

Using the dual inflator that way as an instructor is perfectly reasonable and as a matter of fact I have done the same so I can teach and demo both systems.

Hope that helps!

Thanks....it does help. appreciate the response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom