Wrapture system design flaw?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailordiver11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a Black Ice BC. I'm very happy with it except for one thing;that is the wrapture weight pockets.
I am having difficulties snapping in the weight pockets while wearing the BC. What is the trick? Snapping them in is easier while not wearing the BC. And that is what I have to do most of the time. But it would be nice to put on the BC without the weight pockets.
Other friends with the wrapture system also have this issue. Any suggestions?

I will try to put them in with the bcd on next week and report back in. I'm using a axiom so it should be close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I recommend you check out the SureLock II video at
Aqua Lung Videos
Tip: Notice how when he loads it, he doesn't grip the handle, rather he pushes it from underneath the handle.
We strongly recommend using hard weights vs. shot bags.
The Black Ice dual channel pocket is designed for up to 4 ea. four-pound pieces of lead. Stuffing it with more than that would make loading harder.

CORRECTION: it's the Surelock II system giving me the issue, and not the Wrapture system.

I looked at the video, and I will try the technique he used. But I did notice that he was using a 1 pocket bag, and I have a 2 pocket(wider) bag. Hopefully this doesn't make any difference.
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom