aqualung legend regulator with atomic ss1 integrated octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poseiden19

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone please give me some feedback regarding this setup; I have been told by some service techs that diving beyond 60 feet with the legend regulator that it may cause the atomic ss1 octo to freeflow due to the over balanced first stage. Is this a valid concern or just a possibility due to the over balanced first stage of the legend.

I can tell you this is untrue, I have this exact setup and have never had my SS1 free flow at depth even beyond 130feet and in very cold water.

At recreational dephts you don't have to worry that.

The 60 feet max is absolute nonsense. It sounds like the tech is either an idiot, or has an "agenda". Actually, at what is considered to be recreational maximum depth, assuming a properly adjusted SS1, that is not generally an issue. For the record, I am decidedly NOT a fan of inflator/octos, but truth is truth.

Ok, quoted per owners manual on the latest legend LX

"some alternate air source are not compatible or recommended for use with the aqualung legend series of regs. Aqualung high peformance, over balanced first stage has a higher interstage pressure at depth than the standard models. This could result in an alternate air leaking on deeper dives. Aqualung recommends that you use a pneumatically balanced alternate air source, such as the titan lx or legend Octo, When diving with the Legend series reg or any overbalanced high performance model."

I have no idea if it will free flow or not, just trying to make you aware what your tech was refering to...
My other half has very recentlly went through this as she just purchased another newest version of The Legend LX.
Originally Chris the AL rep set her up with the Calypso octo & documetation clearly states, "dont use with The Legend"
Then he ordered her The Apex Egress but she just opted for the Legend Octo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom