Titan LX versus Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike126

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a regulator. Several years ago I owned the Legend and liked it. I ended up selling it as I was not diving much due to some sinus issues. Now it looks like I'll be able to dive again.

I've been looking at the Titan LX and the Legend. I know that the Legend is probably a better regulator with the over balanaced first stage etc. But, I am concerned that the Legend is more regulator than I need. At least that was how I felt several years ago when I owned one. I could use the extra money to put towards gauges and a BCD.

I will likely only be diving about 10 - 12 dives per year both quarry diving in the summer (above 50 degrees) and if I am lucky a trip to warmer waters for a couple of days of diving.

So for the occasional diver like myself, is there any reason to upgrade to the Legend? Does the Titan LX breath as good?

Thanks

To be honest I can't see what advantages the Legend has over the Titan LX.
Both 1st stages can be environmentally sealed and have the same number and orientation of ports.
"overbalanced" is not something I want from a regulator and really is meaningless.....I'm sure the Titan 1st stage could just as easily be called overbalanced as well.
The 2nd stages are identical functionally.....different faceplate trim and an adjustment knob instead of a screw and blanking cap.
Both very good regs....just not sure why the Legend is better.

Last edited:
Get the Titan. What you need to understand is the first stage has almost nothing to do with reg performance to begin with and even more to the point, the internals of the Legend and Titan are the same ones, just arranged differently. The Legend (not LX) and the Titan LX second stages are the same parts with a different label so basically the Legend and the Titan Lx are the same reg for less money.

.......the second generation Titan 1st stage even has the same arrangement of internals as the Legend.

Guys - I appreciate the insight to the Titan LX and Legend. My LDS even suggested staying with the Titan LX. BAsed on the amount of diving that I do that seems to be the logical choice.

Mike

Good Dive Center for not trying to push you into the Legend, you don't need the legend first stage unless you are doing Tech or Instructing or have some extra cash and want to treat yourself.

The Legend and Titan LX are almost identical. The Legend is also a "cold water" 2nd stage. But "cold water" is classified as water below 40°. Besides the looks, the legend does look pretty cool IMO, they are identical. One of my dive buddies as well as myself have the Titan LX and they are great. My buddy has had his for 10+ years with no issues at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom