Aqua Lung Legend LX First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rip_code

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi. I bought this item few weeks back. From my observation, when I shake the first stage up and down, I heard sound from it. It seems its coming from the ambient water pressure hole. When I cover the hole with finger, only minimal sound. Is this normal? Thanks.

Rip_code,

I can not diagnose anything from a description of a noise. I recommend taking the regulator into an authorized dealer and having it inspected.

Hi Kyle.

Means that the first stage should not have any sound / moving parts in it?

I think the rep is playing it safe.

The hydrostatic transmitter, #129123, will rattle when unpressurized if you shake the first stage. I'm not saying this is what you are hearing as rep posted above, but is more than likely the cause in which case nothing to be concerned about. If in doubt have it checked though.

same as buddhasummer, the transmitter. when unpressurized, there is a gap between the transmitter and the diaphgrams , so you can hear a plastic "sound" inside...ploc, ploc,ploc

It is confirmed that the sound came from Hydrostatic Transmitter. However, LDS store found out the IP low a lot from factory setting. 120PSI. He then advise to increase to 145PSI.

It is confirmed that the sound came from Hydrostatic Transmitter. However, LDS store found out the IP low a lot from factory setting. 120PSI. He then advise to increase to 145PSI.

Yes, unless something catastrophic has happened inside the first stage this is the only free moving part. Glad you got it sorted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom