GripLock on Dimension i3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THX723

Registered
Reaction score
Recently bought a Dimension i3 BCD and just love it.

While chatting with someone from the local dive club the other day, I was caught a bit off-guard by his raving of the new GripLock tank-band system, as I looked on cluelessly. Apparently my Dimension i3 did not come with GripLock. Instead, it has the older-style plastic buckle piece. He assured me his came equipped that way from the factory (no upgrade) and that he actually got it 1 month before I did.

I must confess, securing BCD to the tank is probably the least favorite part of my routine, so I really like the idea of having GripLock.

I purchased from an authorized dealer (have receipt), however they are quite a long ways from me. Is this something Aqua Lung can take care of for me over the phone?

Also, what is the difference between the Wrapture and Non-Wrapture versions of the GripLock?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
It's my guess that the BC was from older stock that was on hand at the LDS. Whether AL will do any thing for you is another question.

The Difference between the two Grip locks is the length. the Non Wrapture Grip lock is a longer tank band then the Wrapture grip lock. As for the Availability I can not speak about local dive shops inventory. should you have further questions please feel free to contact me.

Recently bought a Dimension i3 BCD and just love it.

While chatting with someone from the local dive club the other day, I was caught a bit off-guard by his raving of the new GripLock tank-band system, as I looked on cluelessly. Apparently my Dimension i3 did not come with GripLock. Instead, it has the older-style plastic buckle piece. He assured me his came equipped that way from the factory (no upgrade) and that he actually got it 1 month before I did.

I must confess, securing BCD to the tank is probably the least favorite part of my routine, so I really like the idea of having GripLock.

I purchased from an authorized dealer (have receipt), however they are quite a long ways from me. Is this something Aqua Lung can take care of for me over the phone?

Also, what is the difference between the Wrapture and Non-Wrapture versions of the GripLock?

Thanks in advance!

The Dimension I3 had the Grip Lock Tank band added after it had been on the market for awhile. Aqua Lung started shipping new orders with them at some point. You probably bought some old stock inventory from a shop that had ordered them in before the Grip Lock tank band was added. Go talk to your shop and see if they will give you a break on adding it your bcd.

Thank you all and Kyle for the feedback and clarification. I love the Dimension i3 so much, that I also got the girlfriend on a women's equivalent -- Lotus i3. And yes, I made sure it came with the GripLock. :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom