Wetsuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT Sean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

Can someone tell me how to measure torso for the wetsuit sizes? I'm looking at the Solafx 8/7 semi-dry. I'm somewhere around an ML, MLL or L size. The dive shop wasn't sure how to measure.

Also if there's any input as to whether these run true to size or a bit small or a bit large that would help too. Perhaps it doesn't matter, but I'd rather the shop didn't have to order 3 or even 4 to find the right one (a medium could even fit if they run a tad large)

thanks

Aqualung sizing charts are pretty accurate..but it would still be in your best interest to try on a few different suits to make sure they fit right.

hope this helps. try this link: Wetsuits Size Chart

if you need more assistance let me know.
as always trying on a suit is always the best way to tell fit.

Interesting - those are a bit different than the guidelines on the tag that was on the suit at the shop - which matches this PDF http://www.aqualung.com/kr/pdf/08_consumer_buyers_guide/08_Consumer_Buyers_Guide_suits.pdf

I absolutely agree on trying it on - just trying to limit the # of suits the shop will have to order so I can get the right one

Thanks for the quick response.

I recommend using the sizing chart that I have provided as the one you have a link to is from 2008. if it helps I wear a large and am 5'10'' and 190 lbs. if you have broad shoulders I recommend trying the large on in the shop. good luck and if i can be of any more assistance let me know.

That's good info - thanks. I'm pretty "normal" shouldered, 5'10" and 160ish so ML is likely what I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom