Lifespan Legend LG Supreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divealpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I bought our Legends in 2010, and they have been serviced once a year since. Lately, they don't breathe as dry in up/down positions as when they were new. I also had water in the 1st stage on one occasion, even if this an ACT reg. But that was fixed on a service. The serve tech have now advised me to buy new regs....so, what is expected life for the reg? Others have there regs for more than 10 years...
And, the parts for life does not seem to be valid in my country, is it only valid in the U.S.? We are very satisfied with our Legends, by the way.....but would like them to breathe almost like new after a serve. ..

---------- Post added November 9th, 2014 at 07:47 PM ----------

Sorry, LG Supreme....

---------- Post added November 9th, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

LX. .....spellchecker error

Perhaps try a new service tech (or even dive shop) - The regulators should last way longer then this and should breath like new when serviced.
All parts that could "wear out" should be getting replaced when serviced so I might ask them to explain why they think they are worn out.

Sounds like they just want to sell you new gear.

Agreed, find a new tech. This one does not know what they are doing it seems. And unless you are putting a couple hundred dives a year on them you are wasting money getting them serviced every year. Shops like this give the industry a bad name.

Thanks for your answers, I had a feeling they should function better after service.... I'll get them serviced at another shop before we leave on vacation after christmas... Really love this reg, and would like to keep them some years more...:)

Jeff wasn't quite right about the parts that get worn out are in the service kits, the inhalation and exhalation diaphragms can get worn out, especially if they are in chlorinated water regularly without being neutralized afterwards. This can cause lots of problems with inhalation effort and wet breathing.

Reality though is you do need to find a new reg tech because this guy certainly isn't doing you any favors. I just rebuilt a Poseidon Cyklon that was born in the 60's and aside from looking a little beat up, it breaths just as well as the ones that came off of the floor yesterday. I have some Jetstreams that are from the 90's that are fine, and some Apeks regs of that same vintage and they breathe just as well as the new ones.

Divealpha,

The parts for life warranty refers to service kits and is only valid in North America. Your regulators should function like new after a service, with that being said please contact the distributor in your country.

SafeNor AS
Bromsveien 5
N-3183 HORTEN
Norway
Tel: +47 974 78 999
post@safenor.no

Contact person:
Rune Andresen
Mobile: +47 909 33 501
E-mail: rune@safenor.no
www.safenor.no

Reactions: RJP
The serve tech have now advised me to buy new regs....
\

If he's the guy who's been servicing them - and you actually NEED new ones - he should be paying for them.

I bought my two full sets of Legend LX Surpreme regs in 2006. They get serviced about every two years, and have nearly 1,000 dives on them. They breathe like new at all times. I fully expect these regs to last forever.

Regs are now shipped to SafeNor, which will bring it to Aqualung in France. They very interested in doing a check up. Outstanding service! SafeNor will also provide me with regs for our Asian vacation if the regs don't make it back from France before we leave... :)

Got the regulators back from Aqualung(SafeNor). Fully serviced and no charges... That's amazing service, thank you Aqualung!
Reading the report was not fun....so yes, definately time for a new tech to do the service....

Cold water diagraphm was faulty installed, causing water to leak in. Besides that, there was also lots of sand present, and even traces of the original production grease from 2010 on the O-ring on one set....
1 HP seat original 2010, 1 HP seat from 2012

The last service was autumn 2013...... Since we are always rinsing our regs after each dive, I guess we also have to make sure that the divecenters rinse tanks are clean...

Well, looking forward diving 4-5 weeks in Asia after Christmas with regs in top condition!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom