Changes at Aqua Lung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Elsewhere on this board it is stated that Aqua Lung may have separated from Suunto and purchased Pelagic Pressure Systems. Any truth in this?

I saw the other post as well but it's all I have seen on it.

Interesting, the original post in Scuba Industry News by scuba.com, has been removed, along with my reply/query

Any update on the information posted (now removed) by Scuba.com? That post was deleted, no indication that it was inaccurate or wrong, just deleted. I contacted my LDS and they had not heard anything,

I sent a PM to Scuba.com, have not gotten a reply. I'm leaning toward this is inaccurate, seems like additional information could easily be found if true. It was interesting to contemplate, new computers with the Aqua Lung brand supplied by PPS and Suunto on its own...

The whole thread went away. May have asked to be taken down by the OP. Why? Who knows? Untrue? Premature announcement? Deal fell through?
As I said in the thread that disappeared I saw a reference to the deal(?) on Facebook before it was posted here by someone asking if anyone else had heard. Perhaps they saw the same press release in another location and was trying to verify it. I'll have to ask them over there.

So... Pelagic Pressure Systems was acquired by Aqua Lung, see Scuba Industry News Aug 4. Looks like they will replace Suunto with PPS products in 2016. It will be interesting to see what they offer.

I wonder if this has implication for American Underwater Products computers from Oceanic and Hollis or computers from other brands like Sherwood and Genesis? Regardless, interesting shuffle.

I believe Huish Outdoors is taking over the distribution rights for Suunto in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom