Axiom bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouth Breather

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Axiom that I bought in 2013, and it rides up on me when finning horizontally. I have to pull it down a lot to keep the 1st stage off my head. Is there a way to add a crotch strap to this BC?

Thundercleese,

At this time we do not offer a crotch strap on the Axiom.

Hi Thundercleese

I followed the very same path a few weeks ago.

Ended up dismantling an old weight belt of mine for which I had no use. I put the band through both cam band slots of the plastic backplate, under the back padding, added two stoppers, and voila!
Perfect crotch strap for this useful BC. It makes a bit of a V on the butt and the front loop on the quick release buckle is sub-optimal, however no cutting, sewing or gluing is needed. It looks really strong and durable.

I had the opportunity to try it on 6 dives this weekend, my trim has never been better :) Some fellows on the boat were really intrigued as to why I would need a crotch strap. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom