Dry Mouth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelBaranows

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was in the pool on Sunday for peak bouncany clinic and was in the water for over and hour. My mouth became rather dry and I was wondering if they was a way to prevent this from happening in the future. Since I had this happen in a pool I was thinking it might be worse once I dive in salt water.

lots of threads about this...most conclude: hydrate before a dive..

Hydrate, Worst case a little sea water will make you salivate.

One of the main causes of dry mouth is rapid, shallow breathing.
Concentrate a bit more on your breathing cycles and you may be surprised to see that most of your dry mouth problems will go away.

cmalinowski:
Wait, none of the vendors have chimed in about the in-line moisture filter thingy? Lost opportunity :)
Oh, yeah, the one you fill with tequila/rum/etc, supposed to keep you 'hydrated'?

Or maybe not.....

teknitroxdiver:
Oh, yeah, the one you fill with tequila/rum/etc, supposed to keep you 'hydrated'?

Or maybe not.....

I think you're both talking about two different things. He's talking about the Apollo BioFilter which is a metal tube with a sponge inside connected to the first stage that adds moisture to the air as it passes from first to second stage hose. You're talking about the S.C.U.D.A (Self contained underwater drinking apparatus) that's a drink pouch with a mouth piece for drinking underwater.

Kriterian:
I think you're both talking about two different things. He's talking about the Apollo BioFilter which is a metal tube with a sponge inside connected to the first stage that adds moisture to the air as it passes from first to second stage hose. You're talking about the S.C.U.D.A (Self contained underwater drinking apparatus) that's a drink pouch with a mouth piece for drinking underwater.
Actually I was thinking back to a previous thread like this when someone suggested that you soak the sponge in liquor...

But anyway...

Back
Top Bottom