Crazy surge video - San Clemente 06-05-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miket

Reaction score
Here is a short video I shot at San Clemente this last Sunday (06-05-05). This was at East End Reef and there was some mighty surge. I was between 15-20 feet deep when this was going on. Was very crazy!

BullKelpCarWasher.jpg

San Clemente Island - Bull Kelp Surge Video 16:9
1 minute 19 seconds - 4.93mb AVI (WMV)

This is a Windows media player 9 file. Mac users can save it to your hard drive and re-name to *.wmv (replace the .avi part) and they will work with Media Player for Mac.

- Cheers,
Mike
http://www.socaldivevideos.com

Wow - those fish are FLYING! Looks like an exhausting dive, but also kind of fun. :)

Pretty good viz with all that surge........it's disorienting some times.

It looks like an E-ticket ride!

For those of you too young to remember, do a search on Disneyland and E Ticket. :wink:

Thanks for sharing that!

Christian

Very cool...need to attached that old song..."at the car wash"

:eyebrow:

Nice vid. Im not too crazy about diving in surge like that, it makes me feel drunk. But as mentioned above, awesome vis.

Describe your video set up for us. That was some good quality.

headhunter:
It looks like an E-ticket ride!

For those of you too young to remember, do a search on Disneyland and E Ticket. :wink:

Thanks for sharing that!

Christian

I remember those tickets!! (Okay, so at the time I was really young and probably thought that Mr. Toad's Wild Adventure was the place to be! I'm sticking to that story!) Weren't the "A-Tickets" for the wild rides?

Cool, Thanks!

Excellent description
11.gif

I’m go glad I’m not the only one that uses, ‘that was an E ticket’
04.gif
ride.

Back
Top Bottom