Question about men only dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidgy

Registered
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal, my husband and his buddies go on a mens only dive trip once a year. That's okay cuz I like the time to myself and I know that sometimes men like to be ...well you know...men, but this time they are planning to go somewhere that I really want to go. We can't afford to go later with the wives too. I know if I pushed hard, they would say okay, but I don't know if this is the best way to handle it. There are 5 diver wives and the rest are non-divers, so there may be the problem of, if you let one go, then the rest goes too. What to do, what to do...
Did I mention that the dive next year might be Galapagos? And yes, hubby does take me diving other places, like Cozumel and Bonaire but still.. Galapagos. So what should I do?
Squidgy

ummmm...go...but be separate. Can you go on another boat or another date with the women only?

Or find another buddy and go - get your own cabin...

no way I'd not go if I really wanted to...but I would try to find ways to let Hubby have Hubby time...

As a guy, I gotta say "let the guys be guys" on this one. Basically, we're all still 22, no matter how old we are.

Were I one of his buddies, I suppose I would understand if you were to tag along.

But I don't think I would ever let him live it down.

Hmmm... personally I'd MUCH rather go on an "almost all ladies" dive trip than with a bunch of guys. I hear enough belching and farting in the Dive Park!

Since there are five diving wives... why not go on your own trip to the Galapagos after the men get back?

You described the answer yourself...

They go someplace nice like Cozumel, it's fine for them to go.

They go to the Galapagos!! and it's not fair to not invite the wives

I'm a confirmed bachelor, but it's because of this sort of thing - I want to do what I want to do.

Anyway, get with the other diving wives and plan your own group, or go with the guys, either way - but it's unfair to not let you go too. :voskl1:

Failing that, come on our trip to Utila - see below... :palmtree:

Gee, I see the problem, but the Galapagos? For me, to be denied would be cruel and unreasonable punishment. I’d have a real hard time not whining about being left behind. That’s just me, and that’s just one place I’d like to see more than any where else in the world. Hmmm, maybe just go this year by yourself so you can check it out and let him know how it is? (I don't get even, I get revenge.)

I like Alcina's response. Me, personally, I would be thrilled if my wife wanted to come, whether she dove or not.

Bill.

Washy would have one hell of a painful life if he went to the Galapagos diving and I wasn't allowed to go, but then he'd have a hell of a painful life if he went anywhere diving without me :D

Seriously though I would not be at all happy. Okay in my situation Washy rarely dives without me and doesn't have a bunch of diving chums to go on holiday with but if he did I would say it's fair enough if he and the boys wanted to go to Coz on a jolly, especially as it's somewhere we've already dived but to go somewhere that is 1) new to you both 2) a diving mecca and 3) bank breakingly expensive (well it is for us in the UK) I would be very far from chuffed. I would also be outraged if he couldn't understand why I would be pissed off. How would he like to have to listen to the 'honey, there were hundreds of hammerheads everywhere' comments that, let's face it, you're not going to keep quiet about are you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom