Dive advice from noobies to experienced divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I hope this gets as much attention as complementary thread.

We were all noobies at some point in time. I have a little bit more experience than some and a lot less than others. But I do consider myself experienced for my kind of diving. I cant help but feel this is the perfect venue for me to say thanks to all the experienced divers from when I was a noobie who helped me get on the right track. Without them I would probably not be diving today.

To all the noobies out there..... Do you have any advice to experienced divers to help you on your journey?

partridge:
I hope this gets as much attention as complementary thread.

We were all noobies at some point in time. I have a little bit more experience than some and a lot less than others. But I do consider myself experienced for my kind of diving. I cant help but feel this is the perfect venue for me to say thanks to all the experienced divers from when I was a noobie who helped me get on the right track. Without them I would probably not be diving today.

To all the noobies out there..... Do you have any advice to experienced divers to help you on your journey?
Yes. Keep diving with me so I continue to become a better diver by your example.

(I have post in both threads, as an Experienced diver and a nOObie. I am both.)

I would say to set a good example. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen "experienced" people who do not dive very well. I saw a couple, both instructors, who could not even do a giant stride and get more than six inches from the boat. I often wondered how they fared, especially if the seas were a little rougher. Everyt time they went into the water, I expected to see them hit the dive platform. :11:

partridge:
Do you have any advice to experienced divers to help you on your journey?

send me donations so i can dive more often..

dive_lover88:
My advice is to set a good example for noobies like me!! I'm not sure about others newbies,but i learn quite a number of stuff by looking at the experienced divers.

DM and instructors in shorts and T-shirts while diving a good example?

What I would like is the opportunity to dive with experienced divers. To that end I would like to see the various clubs embrace dive mentors. NASA (the automotive group not space) a few years ago adopted a mentoring program that is available to newbies for the asking. It is to help eliminate some of the intimidation/confusion/fear out of driving at track events at speed. When you register for a track event you indicate you’d like a mentor and they assign one to you. Generally, prior to the event the mentor will contact you where you’ll spend sometime getting to know one another verbally asses your experience and then at the track guide you though the maze of check-in, tech inspection, driver meeting, pre-grid, etc. All in all a very good program that is all volunteer.

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom