Fellow divers' progression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lightning Fish

Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here eating some biltong and drinking some McClelland's and a thought occured to me that I thought was really cool. I think I've been on here for more than a year. During this year I've noticed divers that post threads like "I just got certified, whooo hooo!" followed by "I'm buying a drysuit", followed by "how does the long hose route", followed by .... (time goes by) to "I'm trimixed"....

I just think it's cool to hear about some of these divers' progression over the past year.

Cheers,
Bill.

You've reminded me of the posts I've made in less than 1 year here. It is enlightening to reread old posts and realize how much you have learned.

Goes to show people really do care about themselves, and their training.
Good job PEOPLE! :D

Lightning Fish:
So I'm sitting here eating

so far so good...

Lightning Fish:
some biltong

*reading comes to a screeching halt*

some what?

as for the sentitment of the post... all i can say is that i am way one of
those divers :wink:

H2Andy:
so far so good...

*reading comes to a screeching halt*

some what?

Biltong, essentially beef jerky (but I don't think restricted to just beef), only it is made in the Boer style from South Africa. A friend from S.A. introduced it to me. There is a store in North Vancouver run by a Boer family, they make jerky, sausages, cuts of meat, and sauces that you, generally, won't find in Canada but will find in South Africa.

H2Andy:
as for the sentitment of the post... all i can say is that i am way one of those divers :wink:

When I first signed on to Scubaboard, the wisdom in your posts suggested you had a lot more experience than you do. I was surprised the first time I read a post (sometime last fall I think) where you stated something like "I did this for the first time...." Just to be clear, this is a compliment.

Cheers,
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom