Portland Quarry post...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I did see the other posts, but this is new information. The deal with the town of Portland is just about complete, and the invite to divers is somthing new. I very much hope to see a good crowd there in two weeks to check out the quarry.

dbg40:
Thanks, I did see the other posts, but this is new information. The deal with the town of Portland is just about complete, and the invite to divers is somthing new. I very much hope to see a good crowd there in two weeks to check out the quarry.
Sounds like a plan.. Although Fathers day weekend might be tough for some. Unless they dive with their Kids :)

Not familiar with this quarry. I see the 40 acres in the post. What is it’s deepest point ?

There are two seperate quarries, one much larger than the other. The large one will be open to diving, it having depthts to about 85-90 feet. Vis is usually pretty good to the 70-75 foot mark, The smaller one, not open to divers at this point because of its limited access, is 137 feet. I agree that fathers day is a tough one! But, if youre a father, youget to do what YOU want to do! Right? At least thats my story and im stickin to it :) If directions are needed by anyone, I will post them.

I probably won't be diving, but swinging by to take a look sounds good. I just live over in Bristol, but directions would still be a big help. Thanks for the posts!

I was hoping it would be a bit deeper

so is it a one time deal or will it be open from then on?

Back
Top Bottom