DIRF in Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
On another thread I mentioned that we were considering hosting a DIRF class. We have decided that we will. Here is what I know so far (not very much). This morning my wife spoke with JJ and he said he would look into which instructors would be in our area and when. This afternoon she spoke with a GUE instructor whom we met through the course of business. I won’t mention his name yet because nothing is definite. He is not available in this area until sometime in September. He said there have been some standards changes and he would provide us costs after he has taught a class following the new standards. I think, she said that would happen this week and we would have costs next week. It looks like there will be openings for four people in addition to ourselves. So, we will see which path pans out first, JJ or the instructor she spoke with directly. The reason I am posting this without having the details worked out is that I would like to have a list of folks who are potentially interested before making a commitment with an instructor. The classroom portion will most likely be in our shop in Lafayette In. with the diving probably at Gilboa Oh. Please PM me if you are interested. At this point, expressing interest in no way implies a commitment but I need to get a feel for the level of interest. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

hmmm...I expected more of a response.

I'm interested Mike. Sorry for not seeing this thread earlier. I will PM you as well.

- JT

Setup the class. They will come.

Roak

Mike,

I too am sorry I didn't see this post sooner. If you get one set up and my schedule jives, I would jump at a chance to do the DIRF and get to meet you at the same time.

I think JBD might be interested too but we would have to check with him to be sure.

PM me if you have thought anymore about this idea.

Chad

I would be interested. I wish I could guarantee my commitment.

We are still trying to get an instructor to commit to a date that we can manage. We started out going through GUE and we were just trading e-mail. We now have an e-mail out to T. Moon and waiting for a reply. I'll keep everyone posted.

I was told 300 plus expenses. the earliest we can get a class is November so we may wait til next year.

Back
Top Bottom