Jungle Drums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We went diving today, and for the first time ever diving I experienced, and heard the "The Jungle Drums"

My questions is do alot of divers experience this?

I just thought it was weird since it's never happened to me before. It took me by surprise, and was pretty freaky.

You mean like when you’re seriously narced?

I haven't heard the drums...

Somehow this is OK with me. How deep were you?

Only 100' We've been deeper then that, and nothing like that ever happened though. (not that I can remember anyway:D)

Lil' Irish Temper:

I’ve read something about this years ago—I think it was a bunch of TDI guys diving extremely deep on air (the article referred to the “Wah Wah”).

Please tell us more about your experience.

That's the thing I wasn't deep, I was on EANx, Felt warm all of the sudden, and it started out like my heartbeat was in my ears, went up to 70' it was gone as fast as it came.

It was calm, and othing exciting was happening.

Lil' Irish Temper:
That's the thing I wasn't deep, I was on EANx, Felt warm all of the sudden, and it started out like my heartbeat was in my ears, went up to 70' it was gone as fast as it came.

I have read that the conditions can make a big difference. You will notice it more in dark, cold and overhead environments then you would if it you were in warm, clear and open water.

plankspanker:
I have read that the conditions can make a big difference. You will notice it more in dark, cold and overhead environments then you would if it you were in warm, clear and open water.
Did that my first dive into upstream Manatee Springs, at around 100ft on air we got a couple of hundred feet before i got a little anxiety - walls are pitch black in there even if you shine your HID directly at them. The only other time was on the Spiegel Grove at 105ft. Both times whilst there i thought i was just narced and it went away on ascent as expected.

I get drumming noises in my ears when freediving as i can hear the blood pulse through there, not quite the same thing though i guess :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom