Just Blew out a wrist seal.....WAhhhh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash_Riprock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This morning just after my first dive at Plum Cove disaster struck. My already weak right wrist seal finally gave out. Being the primo day that it was, great vis, 56° bottom temps, and the fact that the bugs were not at all shy. I managed to make a temp repair and do a second dive, only suffering from a slightly soaked though right sleeve.

Can anyone recomend a LDS to do a DUI seal replacement? I'd hate to loose three weeks of dry dives to send it out to DUI if I can get a great repair locally. I still have a 7mm for a backup but double yuck!

Thanks for any good recommendations guys...Al

Dash_Riprock:
This morning just after my first dive at Plum Cove disaster struck. My already weak right wrist seal finally gave out. Being the primo day that it was, great vis, 56° bottom temps, and the fact that the bugs were not at all shy. I managed to make a temp repair and do a second dive, only suffering from a slightly soaked though right sleeve.

Can anyone recomend a LDS to do a DUI seal replacement? I'd hate to loose three weeks of dry dives to send it out to DUI if I can get a great repair locally. I still have a 7mm for a backup but double yuck!

Thanks for any good recommendations guys...Al

The band, or the cartoon character?

Can't help on the seal - sorry. Just digging the handle.

---
Ken

how far are you willing to travel?

dui lists the following as dealers in MA at http://www.dui-online.com/dealers/northdealers_listing.htm

Undersea Divers
Northeast scuba in Chelmsford(not my favorite store, but they will help you regardless..just expensive)
Scuba Center Attleboro
Atlantic Divers in Danvers
East Coast Divers in Brookline/Framingham...local nice prices.

yeah there deaklers, but no nessarly repair facilitys

Mo2vation:
The band, or the cartoon character?

Can't help on the seal - sorry. Just digging the handle.

---
Ken

Ken,
Dash Riprock was a Beverly Hills Character. He was a "Hollywood Movie-star" that Courted Ellie-mae.

I just spoke to the guy from Inland Divers. He said he could turn the job around in 2-3 days. I'll take a ride down to see them on Friday unless I get a really bad recomendation here.

Thanks again for any help...Al

Don Steven's shop does DUI Seal repairs quick. Highly recommended. Rick L had his suit fixed there.

Haven't seen you in a while. My travel schedule is going to lighten soon so can get some after work dives in soon. I've been meaning to hook up with you and Rick L. He gets off work at 2:00

Let's go!

Not only are they a DUI certified repair store but they are great/fast/reasonably priced.

Dash_Riprock:
Ken,
Dash Riprock was a Beverly Hills Character. He was a "Hollywood Movie-star" that Courted Ellie-mae.

I just spoke to the guy from Inland Divers. He said he could turn the job around in 2-3 days. I'll take a ride down to see them on Friday unless I get a really bad recomendation here.

Thanks again for any help...Al
I used Inland divers to replace a zipper on my drysuit last year. Perfect job, about a week to get it done.....and it was cheaper than my LDS was charging to send it out. Use 'em, you'll like 'em

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom