Your favorite Anilao Divesite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainit first thing in the morning, especially taking the 'deep' route, out toward the rocks past 100', and seeing what big fish swim by.

I guess also new bahura, when the currents aren't ripping too too fast. i think it is one of the most surreal dives in anilao with all the huge mounts and the deep deep water in between.

As a PS I'll add San Agapito point at verde island, really one of my favorite dives anywhere but doesn't exactly qualify as anilao.

want currentsat shallow .... WASHING MACHINE at verde....

agapito is nice indeed !!! i also like the swimming pool there "o)

i like bahura and mainit, mainly anything past a 100 ft is good for me:)

by the way im checking this site out tom its called shark cave it supposedly located in the deep drop off near cathedral. hopefully i will see my first sharks in anilao

Spoon:
i like bahura and mainit, mainly anything past a 100 ft is good for me:)

by the way im checking this site out tom its called shark cave it supposedly located in the deep drop off near cathedral. hopefully i will see my first sharks in anilao

more likely you'll see sharks in Mainit, black tips, white tips, nurse sharks and the occasional reef sharks. It's no guarantee but the probabilitiy is very high you'll see one of them.

Bahura is no exception, while doing a safety stop over open water, we saw 2 white tips lazily passed under our fins.

At Arthur's rock, we saw a solitary reef shark and two big dogtooth tuna.

I can say that I was always at the right place and at the right time, maybe just plain lucky. I would suggest you get up early, go and dive the "shark cave" before anybody else. Once the sharks are spooked they'll go someplace else where me and my buddies will be waiting for them. hehe

Dive safe Spoon :crafty:

clgsamson:
more likely you'll see sharks in Mainit, black tips, white tips, nurse sharks and the occasional reef sharks. It's no guarantee but the probabilitiy is very high you'll see one of them.

Bahura is no exception, while doing a safety stop over open water, we saw 2 white tips lazily passed under our fins.

At Arthur's rock, we saw a solitary reef shark and two big dogtooth tuna.

I can say that I was always at the right place and at the right time, maybe just plain lucky. I would suggest you get up early, go and dive the "shark cave" before anybody else. Once the sharks are spooked they'll go someplace else where me and my buddies will be waiting for them. hehe

Dive safe Spoon :crafty:

thanks bro! am defintely going to dive early tom, i want to be the first on the site. last time there were sharks in the vicinty of mainit, they were pointed out to me but by the time my eyes focused on the objects they were gone (viz not good that day). hopefully tom will be the day. btw also checked out arthurs rock last week, no predators.

will have updates soon. take it easy

Back
Top Bottom