Looking for a LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knobhdy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I am in the process of locating a dive shop which offers (probably padi -- but I am open to other organizations) open water classes. I don’t have huge excesses of money so moderately priced would be better.

Mind you, I firmly believe in the old adage, “you get what you pay for,” however I am looking for a good value. (I.e. A shop which has knowledgeable and personable instructors and a friendly staff who excel in helping total newbies find equipment. I want a shop I can have a continued relationship with for future chartered dives.)

Can anyone here recommend a good dive shop within 30 minutes of Waltham, MA (Boston West suburbs)

Thanks for your help.

Check out pgdive, the owner also posts on this forum. They have relatively good reviews.

knobhdy:
Hi all,

I am in the process of locating a dive shop which offers (probably padi -- but I am open to other organizations) open water classes. I don’t have huge excesses of money so moderately priced would be better.

Mind you, I firmly believe in the old adage, “you get what you pay for,” however I am looking for a good value. (I.e. A shop which has knowledgeable and personable instructors and a friendly staff who excel in helping total newbies find equipment. I want a shop I can have a continued relationship with for future chartered dives.)

Can anyone here recommend a good dive shop within 30 minutes of Waltham, MA (Boston West suburbs)

Thanks for your help.

PGDive is the closest shop to you and is quite active on the board. They have a nice shop and free air.

United Divers in Somerville is also reasonably close. That is the shop I tend to frequent for Nitrox fills and certain gear.

Try United Divers...great place. A friend of mine own it and they are really good.

I will defiantly check out these shops. Pg Dive is really close to me. (And btw: has a great web site! I appreciate that sort of thing.)
Thanks for the advice.

I will see y'all in the water.

PG Dive...definitely. Genevieve and Paul (and the rest of the staff) are great. We make the trip over there from Arlington, more often then I care to admit.

Genevieve used to work at United Divers.....ha,ha,ha...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom