Diving on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I would like to know your suggestions regarding diving in Anilao and Puerto. I did a bit of research and so far all I have seen is that Big Apple resort in Puerto charges the cheapest for accomodations and dives ... I have around 5 people I can pull anytime I wish to dive ( Which means the boat rental can be shared). Any suggestions for the cheapest accomodations in Anilao, Puerto, etc?

demonic_death:
Hi guys!

I would like to know your suggestions regarding diving in Anilao and Puerto. I did a bit of research and so far all I have seen is that Big Apple resort in Puerto charges the cheapest for accomodations and dives ... I have around 5 people I can pull anytime I wish to dive ( Which means the boat rental can be shared). Any suggestions for the cheapest accomodations in Anilao, Puerto, etc?

depends on what you want. day trip or overnight??? generally it will be cheaper if you have more peple so you can incrementally divide the costs of boat etc. etc. however some dms will charge you a flat rate irregardless of the number of people involved. this all depends on who you know or what restort you plan to stay in.

Overnight trip preferably, I just don't want to shell out a lot on accomodations. I went to the resort to dive, not to sleep

demonic_death:
Overnight trip preferably, I just don't want to shell out a lot on accomodations. I went to the resort to dive, not to sleep

average price for a resort is around Php. 1500 and up. you want to save, just go for the day, dont waste your cash on accomodations:)

i for one leave early AM and get to spend the whole day diving, i spend around PHP2000 for 3 dives which includes everything: dm, food, boat, tanks etc.

anilao i think will come out cheaper overall compared to PG...

you can day trip it or overnight and since it's relatively convenient to bring your own vehicle you can easily control the amount of time you want to spend there

the ultimate budget dive? sleep-in-van-eat-instant-noodles-spent-every-centavo-on-dive strategy hehehehe

Jag

If you go to puerto galera don't stay at Big Apple, instead walk about 3 more minutes down the 'beach' to Steps & Gardens (used to be the Terraces). The rooms are 1000% nicer and the last time i was there cost the same as Big Apple (about 700P off season for a nipa hut for 2 I think ). As noted above - the diving will be more expensive in PG (somwhere between $15 - 20 per dive, depending on your negotiating skills). Anilao, on the other hand, has slightly more expensive lodging but cheaper diving overall (6 of you on a boat for 2 dives out should cost about 3000P with a DM, that comes out to about $5 / dive!). Packages typically aren't charged per room but per diver including buffet meals. Seems like right around 1,500 / night is the going rate.

On the whole, with a big group Anilao will be much cheaper, if you just go down for the day it becomes very inexpensive!

jonix:
in addition to what shugar said...you may want to add skyflakes to your budget meal :eyebrow:

ultimate budget dive....i'll try that sometime hehehe

Dive n trek you may camp out and cook your own meal

Thanks for all your input guys. 700 per night accomodations is fine with me, in fact, if I can sleep in the car so much the better! But when it comes to PG it is very hard to bring your car with you.

Do you guys know the cheapest place in Anilao for an overnight? It doesn't have to include buffet meals, it just makes the package more expensive.

When it comes down to it, its ok for me to spend for the boat and DM, not on the accomodations. I'd rather dive with the cash I save on accomodations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom