cleaning and defog coating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garrett58

Registered
Reaction score
i have a nikon coolpix 4300 with a fanasea cp-4 pro housing.i have only tried it twice under water still tying to get the hang of it two problems have come up and i hope some one can give advice. i notice condensation after short use no leakage at all but the lens fogs up i have been told to use desicant and have bought some will this work?
also what is best to clean the lens on the housing ? after cleaning is there a anti fog i can apply .thanks for any advise

the dessicant packs should stop the fogging/condensation problem - where you dive will often determine how many you need to use...I used three in Cozumel. Here I only use one.

I use a soft cloth to clean the lens. Lint free. You can get special cloths at camera stores. You can also use compressed air to gently clean out any fibres from inside the housing. Camera stores also sell this - watch for moisture, read the pack carefully!

Good luck!

hmmm... fogging will happen if there is any moisture at all inisde the housing,
so make sure to thoroughly dry the inside of the housing.

sometimes this is a problem when going between air conditioned rooms and
the outside. that's a sure indication that you have moisture in the housing.

the best way to deal with this is prevention: don't let any moisture into your
housing, and keep a dessicant in there all the time.

dessicant does work but it has to be fresh. I like one of those reusable one that changes color so you know if it is still fresh or not. Open and close your housing in aircon room helps as it has less moisture than open area near and around the ocean.
Leave your LCD off when you are not using the camera also helps as LCD monitor heats up the interior of the housing rapidly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom